Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE)
Learning through PSHE at Greenleas
At Greenleas we believe that PSHE underpins everything we do in our curriculum. For our children to become successful, happy and confident adults, they need to develop skills across this area of the curriculum.
Children are taught in a range of different ways:
- EYFS - ELGs
- Discrete lessons using the HEARTSMART scheme of work
- Circle time – children discuss issues, sharing viewpoints and feelings
- Through other subject areas eg empathy in Literacy or History, healthy lifestyles in Science
- Themed Weeks e.g. Anti-Bullying week which is planned into our whole school curriculum.
- On a small group or individual basis via our pastoral system eg self-esteem issues or friendship difficulties.